Rosacea, a chronic condition affecting the blood vessels of an estimated 16 million Americans, may cause permanent damage to the skin if left untreated. Nearly half of all rosacea sufferers report that they have ocular rosacea in which the eyes are also affected by the condition.
This hereditary disorder, that can also affect other areas of the body besides the face, most commonly afflicts adults between the ages of 30 and 65. However, there have been cases reported of the condition affecting children as well. Women and people with fair or light colored skin seem to be the most prone to acquiring rosacea. Some famous rosacea sufferers include former president Bill Clinton and W.C. Fields.
There are basically four stages of rosacea, pre-rosacea, mild, moderate, and severe rosacea. The condition can progress over time from one stage to the next, beginning with the frequent dilation of the blood vessels in the face, eventually leading to structural damage and vascular hyper-responsiveness.
The disorder, which can be painful at times, may begin with subtle redness near the center of the face, with eruptions gradually appearing on the nose, forehead, chin, and cheekbones. Treatment with products designed specifically for rosacea are necessary to control the redness and inflammation.
When the tiny blood vessels on the face dilate, red blotchy areas known as papules appear on the skin. A papule is a solid elevated lesion which has three general classifications: minor, moderate, and severe. Minor papules appear to be the size of a pimple or measles lesion, and a moderate papule is roughly the size of a pencil eraser.
Severe papules can be as large as the size of a coin and also contain pustules, which are inflamed bumps on the skin that are filled with pus. The delicate skin on the face can thicken, swell, and be tender to the touch.
To successfully treat the disorder, the correct type of products must be used that contain gentle ingredients that won’t exacerbate the condition.
The Best Acne Treatment – Exposed Skin Care!
Recent Acne Treatments Articles
- How to Cure Pimples Fast
- Laser to the Stars Brings Facial Rejuvenation to Advanced Aesthetic Laser Clients
- Acne treatment products- Get Rid of Acne the Natural Way
- Adult Acne Got You Down? Discover Why You're Still Dealing With Breakouts Past Your Teens
- Home Acne Treatment – Treating Acne at Home
- Cure Pimples With 3 Easy Yet Effective Methods
- Vitamins For Acne Treatment – Try It Before You Try Any Others
- Skin Whitening and Acne Scars
- 5 Fast Ways to Treat Exposed Acne
- Home Remedies for Rosacea – Acne and Rosacea
- Natural Treatment for Pimples – 10 Best Treatments for Acne
- The Truth Behind Back Acne
- Anti Aging Skin Care Review – 4 Facts That May Surprise You
- Acne – Herbal Treatment
- Acne Solutions
Most Popular Posts