Retinoids for acne are a popular way of treating spot outbreaks and helping to prevent them from coming back. They are especially useful to people who suffer too many side effects to the main over the counter pharmaceutical treatment for acne, benzoyl peroxide.
What Are Retinoids?
Retinoids are chemical compounds that are related to vitamin A. They have important properties with regards to cell growth and are therefore used to treat a number of medical conditions – not just acne, but also psoriasis and some types of skin cancers.
How Do They Help Acne?
Retinoids help to reduce acne in a variety of ways. Firstly, they have anti-inflammatory properties. Secondly, they unclog the pores of the skin. Third, they act to prevent the pores from becoming clogged again in future.
The Best Acne Treatment – Exposed Skin Care!
Recent Acne Treatments Articles
- How to Cure Pimples Fast
- Laser to the Stars Brings Facial Rejuvenation to Advanced Aesthetic Laser Clients
- Acne treatment products- Get Rid of Acne the Natural Way
- Adult Acne Got You Down? Discover Why You're Still Dealing With Breakouts Past Your Teens
- Home Acne Treatment – Treating Acne at Home
- Cure Pimples With 3 Easy Yet Effective Methods
- Vitamins For Acne Treatment – Try It Before You Try Any Others
- Skin Whitening and Acne Scars
- 5 Fast Ways to Treat Exposed Acne
- Home Remedies for Rosacea – Acne and Rosacea
- Natural Treatment for Pimples – 10 Best Treatments for Acne
- The Truth Behind Back Acne
- Anti Aging Skin Care Review – 4 Facts That May Surprise You
- Acne – Herbal Treatment
- Acne Solutions
Most Popular Posts